[zeromq-dev] Advice on server sync architecture

Gerry Weaver gerryw at compvia.com
Tue Aug 12 09:51:37 CEST 2014

Hello All,

I've got some existing server code that I'm thinking about replacing with zeromq. The best way to describe it in zeromq terms would be that each server has a PUB socket that every other server connects to via a SUB socket. When an event occurs on any server, it is published to the rest. The current code just uses TCP sockets and SSL. The PUB/SUB pattern would be the most straight forward change to the existing code, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to accomplish the same thing. Any alternative design recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-G