[zeromq-dev] zyre and hidden nodes?

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Thu Aug 7 10:17:52 CEST 2014

On 08/07/2014 10:00 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> I wonder if someone already thought to have hidden nodes (lazily
> connected nodes)with zyre. It seems that currently zyre only handle
> connected nodes like in Erlang but it would be interresting to be able
> to join group or nodes only when needed so it can scale a lot more.
>
> I wonder if some parts of the project RELEASE which plan to add it to
> Erlang could be ported:
>
> http://www.erlang-factory.com/static/upload/media/1402581149349871chechinaeuc14.pdf
>
> Any idea is welcome,
>
> - benoit

I'm not sure if I can follow you but in essence nodes are lazily
connected. If you do not let it join any group it will not do anything.
A node will have connections to all other nodes however. I'd rather be
interested in hierarchical grouping etc. Zyre just creates a mesh
topology of all nodes. It's on top of that you do your thing.

Rg,

Arnaud

--
w: http://www.sphaero.org