[zeromq-dev] Trouble with ROUTER/DEALER code and curve security

Jonas Thiem jonasthiem at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:32:24 CEST 2014

Hi zmq mailing list,

What I tried:

I have some pyzmq code with a ROUTER/DEALER. The dealer connects and
sends a message, the router does recv() to get the client identity
string -> works fine.

Now if I try that with curve security enabled, the very first recv()
on the server blocks forever, although the client sends something like
before. (The client happily connects and attempts to send without an
error)

However, if I replace ROUTER/DEALER with REP/REQ in that broken curve
code, it works again perfectly fine with the server's first recv()
getting the message - and curve security enabled.

My question:

Are there some obvious things a ROUTER/DEALER pattern code would need
to have modified to work for a curve setup, which in turn works fine
for REP/REQ?

Regards,
Jonas Thiem