[zeromq-dev] zsock_new_sub

Johan Philips johan.philips at kuleuven.be
Mon Aug 4 16:22:10 CEST 2014

Hi

Am I misinterpreting the macro zsock_new_sub(e,s) or is the subscribing
function not there?

Basically I used it as follows: zsock_t* sub =
zsock_new_sub(connection_spec_str, "A"); hoping to receive all messages
starting with "A". However, I do not receive any messages unless I
explicitly add zsock_set_subscribe(sub, "A"); as well.

In the zsock.h file I find:

#   define zsock_new_sub(e,s) zsock_new_sub_((e), (s), __FILE__, __LINE__)

//  Create a SUB socket, and optionally subscribe to some prefix string.
//  action is connect.
CZMQ_EXPORT zsock_t *
     zsock_new_sub_ (const char *endpoint, const char *subscribe, const
char *filename, size_t line_nbr);

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? :-)

Thanks!

Johan