[zeromq-dev] Can we move the libzmq compiler option to -std=c++11 ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Mon Sep 30 17:12:56 CEST 2013

Hi Pieter,

libzmq compiles well with -std=c++11 (tested on dc79171fc37 and many
previous ones), what's enable to use for example #include <random> ,
which provides good random sources (not pseudo random, whenever features
are available in the hardware, as /dev/urandom on Linux) without the add
of other external dependency.

In the PARANO mechanism I am building, I need such good random
generator. I could implement one from the libsodium API, but I want
something independant, and every time it is possible, not a pseudo
random one.

Do you see some show-stoppers towards moving the libzmq and co compiler
options to -std=c++11 ?

Cheers,

Laurent