[zeromq-dev] zeromq DEALER client to multiple servers (ROUTER)

Matt Connolly matt.connolly at me.com
Sat Sep 28 22:28:40 CEST 2013

If you connect a DEALER to multiple endpoints it will distribute messages to all of its connections. I think this is a round robin distribution.

If you have some specific logic where you need to choose which server to talk to, you would need a router socket so that you can specify the address. You could implement this as a separate routing so that your DEALER connects to one ROUTER on a broker and then the broker decides which server to talk to. See the lbbroker examples, such as:

https://github.com/imatix/zguide/blob/master/examples/C/lbbroker2.c

Cheers,
Matt