[zeromq-dev] PUB/SUB cached queue list

Renato Samperio mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 16:41:33 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I have been trying to follow the list messages over the last months except for last two weeks. My apologies if I have skipped this issue in any message.

We have written our solution in ZMQ and we have tested it with a PUB/SUB pattern implementation.

The big trouble we have is that depending on the system hardware
architecture (speed and memory resources) we can loose messages. When we
 loose messages we have no means to verify this event.

By the way, for the requirements of our system we must not loose messages or have delays in their delivery.

ZMQ does not have any support for checking the queue status (at both PUB
 and SUBs sides), or whenever we publish a message if this message is
lost (because ZMQ silently throws away it) when the queue is full.

Is there a way to?

- know status of the queues, at any time;

- get back the info that a message is/is-not queued whenever a publish is done.

We would also like to set a ticket for such issues. Could you point us where is the right place to do it?

Thanks for your help...

Regards,

Renato.