[zeromq-dev] Version 4.0 release fork

AJ Lewis aj.lewis at quantum.com
Mon Sep 23 16:38:58 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 09:56:36PM -0400, Steven McCoy wrote:
> On 20 September 2013 04:08, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
>
> > I've forked off the libzmq master to
> > https://github.com/zeromq/zeromq4-x, in preparation for release 4.0.0.
> >

> MSVC2008 is broken due to inttypes.h dependency.

Any chance we can build a version of that header so that MSVC2008 works?

> I have installers for Windows built sans *libsodium *but mushrooming to
> 30MB to include static libraries.  Investigating *libsodium*, looks more
> tedium as the developers are not conducive to anything other than
> *Autoconf* although
> there is a *CMake *pull request that was rejected and that may be utilised.
>
> https://github.com/jedisct1/libsodium/pull/74/files

That's a little depressing - does it look like it'll build without a ton of
tweaking if the build system is fixed up?

Regards,
--
AJ Lewis
Software Engineer

Work:    651 688-4346
email:   aj.lewis at quantum.com

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.