[zeromq-dev] curve : switch off security

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Sat Sep 21 11:02:25 CEST 2013

Hi Pieter,

After some thinking, I think the following would be nice to switch off
security :

BEFORE :
int as_server = 1;
rc = zmq_setsockopt (server, ZMQ_PARANO_SERVER, &as_server, sizeof (int));
// perform some CURVE exchanges
// remove security
int as_server = 0;
rc = zmq_setsockopt (server, ZMQ_PARANO_SERVER, &as_server, sizeof (int));
// What about the client  ? Can the communication continue on this
socket with no action on the client side ?
// as_server = value; in options.cpp makes me conclude communications
are stopped since it becomes a client ?

AFTER :
rc = zmq_setsockopt (server, ZMQ_PARANO_SERVER);
// perform some CURVE exchanges
// remove security, or why not,  switch to another mechanism
rc = zmq_setsockopt (server, ZMQ_NULL_SERVER);

What do you think about it ?

Cheers,

Laurent.