[zeromq-dev] how to implement the subscriber in the black box pattern

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Sep 19 12:01:15 CEST 2013

OK, I've checked and libzmq master _does_ check socket types, thanks
to our cherished Martin Hurton.

Commit 2a4aef is the one. The code is in mechanism.cpp:check_socket_type.

My comments about raising the error to the user still apply; we now
get a failed connection but no signalling to the application.

-Pieter