[zeromq-dev] Where is ZeroMQ used well?

crocket crockabiscuit at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 03:46:23 CEST 2013

It has been a while I used ZeroMQ last time.
I have a 9-6 day job which I should hold for the next 1 year 5 months due
to legal obligations, and commuting takes 3~4 hours a day. It feels like
being trapped a prison.
So I only had time for learning what I really had to learn for my job.

Although ZeroMQ seems suitable for building customized distributed
applications whose features are not covered by existing applications,
it certainly isn't worth it for individual opensource devs to reinvent
hadoop or some other distributed applications using ZeroMQ.

What are the examples of distributed ZeroMQ applications that truly
advanced industrial infrastructures(like wikipedia) for humanity?
And, if not for advancing software or other industries, how would
developers use it to their benefits?