[zeromq-dev] Mountain Lion build issues: strndup error, and 'make check' gave "1 of 20 tests failed" on test_shutdown_stress

Charles Remes lists at chuckremes.com
Wed Sep 4 13:24:19 CEST 2013

This is a long standing problem with all versions of OSX. By default they have insufficient file descriptors for the stress test to function properly. We do not want the tests to rely on "sudo" or some other privilege elevator to increase the number of FDs. Perhaps there should be a warning printed on OSX when this specific test fails along with a short instruction on how to manually fix it.

cr