[zeromq-dev] Jenkins CI build for windows

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Mon Sep 2 21:48:11 CEST 2013

On 2 September 2013 05:01, <Richard_Newton at waters.com> wrote:

> Since Travis CI does seem to support windows (though sounds like they will
> do real soon now), I set up a Jenkins CI build for libzmq on windows at *
> http://libzmq.cloudapp.net/* <http://libzmq.cloudapp.net/> if anyone is
> interested.

Nice, kind of funny to see the CMake builds being picked up more now in
contrast to the bundled project and solution files.

Toolset support must be added to the libzmq repo and it will cause
collateral damage on a lot of the work already done adding multiple
platforms and compilers.  This is mainly due to CMake's very young support
for it and harsh conflicts with compiler detection.  I would like to see
suggestions for ways forward on this as the maintenance is quite arduous
with multiple people pushing updates in different directions.

Possibly the installer may be tidied up with moving to WiX as native
support is now in CMake, but I haven't done any further research on it to
date.

--
Steve-o