[zeromq-dev] libzmq utility functions

Uli Köhler ulikoehler.dev at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 31 16:10:09 CET 2013

Thanks for all your feedback! I really like Pieters idea of bind/connect by
> or < characters. I'll try to put together a pull request for that feature.

@Peter Kleiweg:
In my application, about 80% of the socket creations bind/connect
immediately.
About 10% need to set the HWM and/or other sockopts (mainly IPV4ONLY =
false)
The remaining 10% need multiple binds (runtime-configured) or connects
(e.g. TCP and IPC).

I assume most applications will have an even higher percentage of "simple"
binds/connects.
Of course, you could still do "classic" binds, but I think especially with
Pieter's idea, the convenience is worth the one extra API function (call me
lazy).

Best regards,
Uli