[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_STREAM identity problem

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Oct 30 12:50:16 CET 2013

You should not treat the identity generated by a ROUTER socket as a
string, it will always be a null byte followed by some binary data.

Instead, read the identity frame off the socket, and then send it back
as a frame.

Also, don't try to get the identity as a socket option. That is for
setting the identity on a socket talking to a router. The identity of
any peer comes as the first frame in every message from that peer.