[zeromq-dev] libzmq utility functions

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Oct 29 10:44:31 CET 2013

I think it's a great idea and was playing with it also. It should go
into the low level API IMO so it's available to all languages.

You could make a single API call, zmq_new_endpoint () which has
different syntax for the endpoint depending on direction. E.g. by
default, it's a bind but if you prefix with ">" it's a connect.

It could also be nice to consider endpoint resolution in libzmq using
an internal protocol as we do for authentication. I.e. bind/connect to
"$myname" which gets resolved by a plugin into "tcp://hostname:port".

-Pieter