[zeromq-dev] libzmq utility functions

Uli Köhler ulikoehler.dev at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 29 03:54:41 CET 2013

Hi everyone,
I created some convenience functions for my own usage in the last months,
and I think it might be a good idea to share them with you:
https://gist.github.com/ulikoehler/7208431

They are based upon the idea that many code locations only need one
bind/connect per socket immediately after the socket is created, and you
should therefore be able to do both socket creation and connect/bind in a
single step.

Right now they are not documented, but if you think it's worth the effort,
I could submit a pull request to libzmq and/or CZMQ.

The advantage is that users will have to write less code. The downside,
however, is that it would add two more functions to the API.

Best regards, Uli