[zeromq-dev] ZRE/Zbeacon improvement proposal

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sun Oct 27 12:17:22 CET 2013

The spec is here: http://rfc.zeromq.org/spec:20 and it's marked as
draft, so we can still change it.

We work with pull requests on a GitHub repo: https://github.com/zeromq/rfc

Any change should be backed by a real problem and be minimal and
backwards compatible.

When it comes to software, a proof of concept in any language is fine.
My own work goes into CZMQ (zbeacon) where we also work with pull
requests. The full ZRE protocol is implemented partly by zbeacon,
partly by Zyre (libzre, another project).

It could be fun in your case to consider a Python binding for libzre.

-Pieter