[zeromq-dev] zeromq-4.0.1 Test Failures

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Oct 25 14:42:44 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Wade Hampton <wadehamptoniv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on CentOS 5.8 and can confirm the failure on 4.0.1 as reported
> above.  The problem seems to be fixed in the latest GIT pull.

Excellent. It'll be in the next 4.0 stable update (4.0.2).

> I am also getting a failure on lt-test_linger:  test_linger.cpp:86:
>   int main():  Assertion '(size_t) rc == size' failed.

Yes, this is an expected fail (XFAIL). It's confusing some people so I
will pull the test from the stable release and leave it on libzmq
master.

> One other issue is that after getting the latest from GIT,
> I could not run ./autogen.sh as my version of autoconf is
> the one from CentOS 5:  autoconf-2.59-12.  To get around
> this, I manually copied the necessary files and config dir from
> the 4.0.1 release.

Right. We've not held configure on the git but might do that to ease building.

Anyone have an objection to adding 'configure' to the repo?