[zeromq-dev] Addition of SCTP to ØMQ - Socket options

Michael Holmwood mholmwood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:11:51 CEST 2013

Hello all,

Some time ago I sent through an email outlining a project I am currently
working on, involving the addition of SCTP as a transport protocol in ØMQ.
I have a few questions regarding how I should look at setting the various
socket options for SCTP, in particular those specific to this protocol. It
would be easy enough to add the options that TCP has in common with SCTP
(just using zmq_setsockopt), however options like heart-beat and
multi-homing may require more attention.

I wanted to get some feedback from the community before moving forwards,
and if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how we should proceed, please
do not hesitate to reply.

Best Regards,

Michael Holmwood
BCIS Undergraduate Student, Auckland University of Technology
School of Computer and Mathematical Sciences