[zeromq-dev] handling DNS updates

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Oct 21 20:41:09 CEST 2013

If I understand the problem, it's that the IP address changes, perhaps
is dynamically allocated.

Pablo, ZeroMQ works just as if you were using TCP here; the connection
remains open unless the peer disappears. If you want to force a socket
to re-connect you need to close it and reopen it.

You might think about using ZeroMQ itself to signal address changes,
perhaps even to propagate endpoint information.