[zeromq-dev] Proposal for ZeroMQ certificate format

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 22:40:02 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Pieter Hintjens <pieterh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to explain the use cases in my article. The goal is to send my
> public key to you without leaking the fact.

That doesn't explain under what circumstance someone going to
authenticate a public key without immediately using it for Curve25519
D-H if it's valid. For authentication purposes, there's two things
that make sense, IMO:

1) The entire public key
2) A large (e.g. 256-bit) digest of the public key which provides
preimage resistance... but why would you use this over a public key?

--
Tony Arcieri