[zeromq-dev] Proposal for ZeroMQ certificate format

T. Linden tlinden at cpan.org
Wed Oct 16 13:51:31 CEST 2013

> I'll let you read the article first. The confidentiality is one issue,
> fingerprinting is another.

A side note about the fingerprint: I'm not sure if the purpose of it is
to be recognizable by humans. Taking your ssh example: if the
fingerprint of the server key changes, the ssh client warns the user
about that. There's a plugin for firefox which does the same with ssl
certs.

So, I don't think it makes a big difference if the fingerprint is 32 or
64 bytes long. No user in the real world would read it anyway. Usually a
piece of software would do the job of fingerprint comparing.

best regards,
Tom

--
    PGP Key: https://www.daemon.de/txt/tom-pgp-pubkey.txt