[zeromq-dev] zeromq and libev

Vishal Ahuja vahuja4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 23:51:00 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I am wanting to use libev and zeromq to design an asynchronous proxy like
application. But I found that is not straightforward to monitor zmq sockets
using libev:
http://funcptr.net/2013/04/20/embedding-zeromq-in-the-libev-event-loop/

I am not able to follow the above article properly. Can someone please
explain how to go about doing this using libev. Thanks!

I did find some code on the net, and made minor changes to it because the
original was using an older zeromq version. It is a very simple server
which uses a zeromq REP socket. But the problem is that the recv call (line
41 in server code) always returns a non-zero value, indicating that the
recv failed. Any ideas?

Server code: http://pastebin.com/mUFDwF0s

Client code: http://pastebin.com/NmB0pArP

Thank you,