[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ and mobile devices

Michael Feingold mfeingold at hill30.com
Tue Oct 15 18:43:18 CEST 2013

For the project I am considering to take on I need to establish a reliable
2 way pub sub between a server (I think .NET) and mobile devices,
specifically Android based and iOS based.

By reliable I mean that messages successfully submitted should survive lost
network connections and mobile device power downs.

My hope is that because ZeroMQ is written in C there are ports to my target
platforms available which would provide what I need out of the box.

Is my hope misplaced?

On top of this I need the data transmitted to be protected by encryption (
TSL?) and also the connection should be protected by authentication.

Any recommendations here?