[zeromq-dev] Asynchronous client-to-server (DEALER to ROUTER) without czmq

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Tue Oct 15 17:39:09 CEST 2013

Le 15/10/2013 17:05, Pieter Hintjens a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Laurent Alebarde <l.alebarde at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> OK, now it works. Pieter, are you interested in having this test :
> The best tests are, IMO, focused on a single aspect of behavior or the
> API, and "prove" that nothing has broken as we make changes.
>
> So I'm not sure what you are "proving" with this test case. If it's
> something already covered by other tests, it's redundant and just
> slows down the build process. If you have a case that the existing
> tests don't cover, it's worth adding IMO.
There is no test for zmq_proxy at all today. But it may be considered
validated by design or by usage since it has been here for a while.
Besides, the test can be reduced in time.

> My general advice would be to always contribute code you feel is
> useful, but be prepared for others to remove it if they feel it's not
> worthwhile.
I will do it if there are some thumbs up.

>> If you look at the code, you will see a variant of zmq_proxy with an
>> additional socket argument that adds flow control to the proxy with
>> STOP/RESUME/TERMINATE commands. This argument has defaults to NULL, then it
>> is fully backward compatible. I can pull request that if you which.
> You cannot change the existing zmq_proxy API but you could certainly
> add a new one. If you do, please make sure you write a man page and a
> test case :-)
Isn't it what I have written ?

So please, libzmq users, thumbs up/down the following :
1) STOP/RESUME/TERMINATE flow-control on zmq_proxy via an additional socket
2) zmq_proxy test

With 3 thumbs up, I will do it, with one down, I will leave it.