[zeromq-dev] Asynchronous client-to-server (DEALER to ROUTER) without czmq

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Oct 15 17:05:46 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Laurent Alebarde <l.alebarde at free.fr> wrote:

> OK, now it works. Pieter, are you interested in having this test :

The best tests are, IMO, focused on a single aspect of behavior or the
API, and "prove" that nothing has broken as we make changes.

So I'm not sure what you are "proving" with this test case. If it's
something already covered by other tests, it's redundant and just
slows down the build process. If you have a case that the existing
tests don't cover, it's worth adding IMO.

My general advice would be to always contribute code you feel is
useful, but be prepared for others to remove it if they feel it's not
worthwhile.

> If you look at the code, you will see a variant of zmq_proxy with an
> additional socket argument that adds flow control to the proxy with
> STOP/RESUME/TERMINATE commands. This argument has defaults to NULL, then it
> is fully backward compatible. I can pull request that if you which.

You cannot change the existing zmq_proxy API but you could certainly
add a new one. If you do, please make sure you write a man page and a
test case :-)

Thanks
Pieter