[zeromq-dev] Does ZeroMQ pay a lot in terms of marshalling compared to akka and clojure.core.async?

Bennie Kloosteman bklooste at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 06:57:26 CEST 2013

Tony , did you read my whole post ?

"Note pure Java solutions like Java NIO may be better than JeroMQ , there
was a discussion on this earlier . I dont know JeroMQs architecture but
pure solutions tend to consider the GC issues rather than trivially
wrapping the API , they reuse byte[] buffers to copy from and to the kernel
, and may even employ  unsafe / JNI code  to self manage some buffers so
you dont need to  pin the GC .. . "

Ben