[zeromq-dev] Does ZeroMQ pay a lot in terms of marshalling compared to akka and clojure.core.async?

Lourens Naudé lourens at methodmissing.com
Thu Oct 10 16:56:37 CEST 2013

There's also the option to init messages from an existing buffer, which
prevents memcpy overhead etc. often associated with marshalling. See :

http://api.zeromq.org/3-2:zmq-msg-init-data

This works pretty well with garbage collectors in most languages as well.
Flag the String or similar object as "in use" before init, remove object
flag in the callback function.