[zeromq-dev] Does ZeroMQ pay a lot in terms of marshalling compared to akka and clojure.core.async?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Oct 10 16:44:46 CEST 2013

First off, don't ever believe anyone's claim of performance if you can
try yourself.

Second, marshalling can go from very expensive to very cheap but it
depends on the data you use, and the marshalling technology. It's got
nothing to do with ZeroMQ. However, with ZeroMQ you are free to study
the cost of marshalling and choose or build the design that works best
for you.

Lastly, "faster" is very slippery. How large are your messages, how
many do you send per second, to how many peers?

-Pieter