[zeromq-dev] tcp source port

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Mon Oct 7 20:40:26 CEST 2013

On 7 October 2013 14:22, Sébastien Rautureau <sebrautureau at gmail.com> wrote:

> The URI schema is a bit different in the following page :
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-protocols.html#udp
>
> The ffmpeg implementation seems to use :
>
> udp://hostname:port?localaddr=x.x.x.x&localport=yyyy

The ones listed in the IANA document seem to refer to VLC, but importantly
mentions it is non-standard and thus for normal URL users not obvious.

URL query parameters are more obvious but obviously bring in decoding
overheads and suggest that (1) all socket options could be brought in as
URL parameters, (2) source address and port should be a socket option.

I bring in the excellent Google URL parsing library to do this so I can
have complicated URLs like this:

SSLED://user1@nylabads2
:8101/IDN_RDF?application-id=256&instance-id=Instance1&position=
127.0.0.1/net

--
Steve-o