[zeromq-dev] tcp source port

Frank Rehberger Frank.Rehberger at web.de
Mon Oct 7 19:05:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

hmm, in terms of application-deployment it seems useful to have common
URI-syntax that allows to specify the source IP/port to be used by the
applicaiton  on a multi-homed host. Regarding applications handling
various connections and bindings,  it seems useful to declare the
source-binding for each URI.

I googled at bit found this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URI_scheme

Transfering the schema from SSH and SFTP to 0MQ-protocol-URI.... how
about using something like the following syntax to encode the source
port into the user-info of the URI,  using the ";"  to delimit the
key-value parameters from each other?

tcp://sourceport=1200;sourceip=192.168.1.2@host:port/my/path

or:

tcp://username;sourceport=1200;sourceip=192.168.*.*@host:port/my/path

"""sourceip=192.168.*.* binding the REQ socket to  the first matching,
local IP address"""

What do you think?

Kind regards, Frank