[zeromq-dev] zmq.h constants -> enums

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat Oct 5 09:27:25 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Especially binding authors and those using ZeroMQ in C:

There is a patch on libzmq master that replaces the macros in zmq.h
with enums. See
https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/blob/master/include/zmq.h#L183

The numeric values don't change but any code that depends on the
preprocessor seeing these macros will be affected. For CZMQ I only
check macros if ZMQ_VERSION_MAJOR is 2 or 3.

Before I backport this to 4-x, I'd like some feedback; if the
consensus is that this change is too traumatic, we'll revert it on
libzmq master. Otherwise I'll pull it into the 4-x release.