[zeromq-dev] curve handcheck recovery behaviour ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Fri Oct 4 09:50:12 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

Yes it does help, thank you very much.

Could you please confirm / correct the following assertions :

 1. EAGAIN makes the produce methods re-executed after
    curve_server|client_t has been deleted, along with their parents.
    For example, if the process_welcome fails, the HELLO command is
    resent, so produce_hello re-executed.
 2. Opposite assertion : EAGAIN just makes the process_ method to be
    re-executed on the next reception.
 3. EPROTO is unrecoverable and the socket is destroyed. The application
    shall manage this or may crash.
 4. EACCESS beeing a ZAP rejection, the server just delete
    curve_server_t and its parents, as if there had been no connection
    from this possible ennemy. The server remains available for other
    connections.

Cheers,

Laurent.