[zeromq-dev] CZMQ Windows Build

Ho-Gyun Choi c.hogyun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 07:46:23 CEST 2013

I have successfully cross-compiled the latest ZMQ and CZMQ for Windows 7
x86_64 from an Ubuntu Linux machine. I used the x86_64_w64-mingw32 toolset.
Thank you Laurent for the guidance, it was very helpful.

But for future reference, by adding the CXXFLAGS= -static-libgcc
-static-libstdc++ during compilation allowed me to avoid directly dealing
with libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll.

Now on to porting libSodium and FileMQ!

I will post a new thread about this issue, but for now:
On a side note, I was not able to 100% pass the self-tests for czmq. After
running czmqselftest.exe, the program aborts with an assertion at zmutex.c
line: 159: zmutex_try_lock()
I noticed that this function was just merged in recently. Maybe there is an
issue with the windows definition of this function?

Other wise, all the other tests pass with out errors.

Thank you,

Ho-Gyun Choi