[zeromq-dev] Using other kinds of certificates with CurveZMQ

Steve Carney carney at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Oct 4 00:34:07 CEST 2013

[I'm new to ZMQ, sorry for any repetition or naïve questions]

I have an infrastructure with existing certificates that is not ready to move to CurveCP yet.    Does CurveZMQ have an underlying framework (due using SASL) that I could use to implement SSL authentication (with and without encryption)?

I also have simple proprietary certificates that I'd like to support as part of establishing a client-server connection.  A simple cleartext key exchange would be sufficient.  Could CurveZMQ be leveraged for this as well?

Steve