[zeromq-dev] curve handcheck recovery behaviour ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Thu Oct 3 12:03:12 CEST 2013

Hi Developpers,

Could you please explain me how the curve handcheck behave when a bad
packet is detected ? There are different types of errors : EPROTO,
EINTR, EAGAIN, etc.. Some are fatal, others lead to a retry, others
possibly to a abandon of the connexion.

I understand for example that EAGAIN leads to a retry ? From the very
beginning of the handcheck after having deleted or free all the objects
like curve_server_t or mechanism_t ? Or only reset the current state and
wait again for a valid message ? So isn't it more a WARNING ?

A little description of the philosophy, behaviour and events would be
very useful to me.

Thanks in advance,

Laurent.