[zeromq-dev] is 0MQ for me ?

Mathias Hablützel habl at zhaw.ch
Thu Oct 3 11:41:35 CEST 2013

Hi Bino,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 09:33:24AM +0000, bino at indoakses-online.com wrote:
> Now .. the problem.
> In the current time ..I found many Arm Based board that can run linux in
> it. so I want to use MQ solution that
> 1. Small foot print so I can run it in ARM based board (i.e : Cubie Board,
> raspberry pi, BeagleBone)

Did you have a look at the http://nanomsg.org/ ? I know it's still in
alpha stage.

> 2. Can auto-send/push it's queue to RabbitMQ

IMO that has nothing to do with the used MQ framework but more something
of a cron job: Check every 10min if host #b is reachable, if so, start
to send the data.

> 3. Autoconnect (keep try to reconnect) to remote broker (RabbitMQ)

I wouldn't let zmq do this but rather build something that first checks
if your remote broker is reachable.

> Is 0MQ the right solution for me ?

Yes and no as explained before.

Since I'm no expert at all I don't know if RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ are
interoperable, I highly doubt this.