[zeromq-dev] Why I might want to use JeroMQ if I'm completely fine with JZMQ?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Oct 1 23:00:28 CEST 2013

You may want to add this to the FAQ or somewhere on the wiki:

- the two stacks are comparable in performance but it depends on
message size and frequency
- the two stacks are identical at the API and protocol level, and
fully interchangeable
- JeroMQ matches ZeroMQ stable 3.2 whereas JZMQ may soon track release 4.0
- JeroMQ does not support pgm:// or epgm:// since OpenPGM has no Java version
- JeroMQ does not yet support ZMTP v3.0 and its security mechanisms,
so no encryption
- JeroMQ needs no JNI, so is easier to install especially on Java
devices and Android