[zeromq-dev] RFC: zbeacon for dhcp-style discovery

Michael Haberler mail17 at mah.priv.at
Sat Nov 30 15:49:03 CET 2013

I have a seemingly trivial problem where I currently have tunnel vision:

if I send a directed UDP packet to the beacon socket, the s_beacon_recv () callback isnt called except if I force the destination address to broadcast (255.255.255.255; in which case tcpdump does display the packet)

if I set the sender address to one of the interface addresses, the packet doesnt go out as per tcpdump and s_beacon_recv() isnt called

I wonder if I stepped into some socket behavior which I overlooked? noecho is not the cause btw.

- Michael