[zeromq-dev] proxying CURVE ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Fri Nov 29 15:36:50 CET 2013

It means exactly what I wrote in my first message : proxying CURVE. Let
me copy/paste it here:

CLIENT (CURVE) ------- (NULL) PROXY (NULL) ---------- (CURVE) WORKER

With the following constraints on the proxy: it SHALL be ROUTER/ROUTER,
and SHALL maintain a table that assign on client always to the same
worker for the socket TTL.

So it makes sense. It has several advantages: load balance handchecks,
enable heavier mechanisms, hide the handcheck in workers, behind the
front-end.

I am going to test some additional options to distinguish the socket
mechanism option from the puplished one (the one communicated on the
wire to the peer), so that both client and worker can use CURVE, but
exhibit NULL to the proxy. Of course, the proxy here is not proxy.cpp,
but a special proxy taking into account the constraints depicted above.

CLIENT (CURVE)(NULL) ------- (NULL) RR_PROXY (NULL) ---------- (NULL)
(CURVE) WORKER

If it works, are you interested by a pull request ? Of course, default
beheviour will be unchanged.

Cheers,

Laurent.

P.S. : I am not used to eating my feet. The idea is just disgusting.