[zeromq-dev] RFC: zbeacon for dhcp-style discovery

Michel Pelletier pelletier.michel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 07:39:44 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Chris Laws <clawsicus at gmail.com> wrote:

> So far the method seems to work well for my system of C and Python
> applications. It lets me create applications with numerous discoverable
> services (eg. control, diagnostics, logging, etc) and it only emits
> discovery messages when necessary.
>
> Hopefully this was of interest and informative. Perhaps you could make
> your own based on a similar method?

This is awesome, it sounds like your almost making your own distributed
process monitoring system perhaps?  Is this something you can share with us?

I worked on something similar briefly over a year ago,
https://github.com/michelp/nerve  I've been meaning to try the idea with
pyczmq.

If anything I'd like to see some more documented-by-example czmq patterns,
and this one sounds cool.

-Michel