[zeromq-dev] RFC: zbeacon for dhcp-style discovery

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Nov 27 13:11:23 CET 2013

Sorry, I misread your explanation. The broadcast/reply use case is a
good one. I've implemented that before in the VTX UDP transport (an
early extension to ZeroMQ that was never put into the main line).

zbeacon is one option but I think a better design would be a libzmq
udp:// transport, where this use case is then pub-sub on top of that.
zbeacon itself should be refactored to use a UDP transport if/when we
make that.

-Pieter