[zeromq-dev] Failed to use zeromq2.2 to communicate with zeromq4.0.1

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sun Nov 24 12:37:56 CET 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response.

So there are some problems with your test case.

- zmq_send in ZMQ/2.x sends a zmq_msg_t structure, not a memory buffer
- the ROUTER socket will return an identity blob as first part; you
cannot print this as a string

When I fix these problems and run the test case, it crashes as follows:

Assertion failed: buffer_size == header_size (stream_engine.cpp:484)

Which is issue 569, https://zeromq.jira.com/browse/LIBZMQ-569.

I'll cut a new stable release with this fix. In the mean time you can
build the stable version from https://github.com/zeromq/zeromq4-x

-Pieter