[zeromq-dev] How can a subscriber drop its own message..

Charles Remes lists at chuckremes.com
Wed Nov 20 13:57:30 CET 2013

I would suggest something like this:

frame0 - topic
frame1 - UUID
frame2 - message body

Every subscriber would need to check frame1 for a UUID that they originated. If they find a match, ignore the rest of the message.

In other words, this has to be done in your application logic. There is no mechanism for telling zeromq subscribers to ignore messages that they "originate" particularly since SUB sockets can *only receive.*

cr