[zeromq-dev] pyzmq static build

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:06:02 CET 2013

> Question is , can I make it so much portable to put it in my project
directory and just call import pyzmq and it will work?

yes, bdist_wheel or bdist_egg already work this way. Even bdist_dumb should
work, I think.

> I have version 4.0.1 compiled,isn't there some kinda options to add like
-static and compile static version of zmq inside pyzmq.
Then I suppose I could just put module in same dir and call it (or not?).

It is not static, it is still a dynamic library, just with a relative rpath
so it's all shipped together.