[zeromq-dev] pyzmq -> pyczmq rewrite

Michel Pelletier pelletier.michel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:33:55 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Michael Haberler <mail17 at mah.priv.at>wrote:

> re keyboard interrupt: I solved this by testing for
>  zpoller.terminated(poller) in the inner loop which I prefer anyway since
> it's synchronous delivery.

Nice.

> I think what warrants some thought longer term: if errors from pyczmq
> calls should raise exceptions or not. It's a very C-ish interface which
> requires a lot of asserts around calls.

Every pyczmq function is wrapped by a decorator that handles calling the
inner function and doing things like converting char* into string or NULL
into None.  This might be a good place to do that kind of checking.  What
gave me pause in the first place is that there are zmq_error() errors and
there are czmq errors in the form of C style return codes.  I decided to
just avoid the whole issue until someone else brought it up. :)  I open to
suggestion.

-Michel