[zeromq-dev] identify server endpoint disconnection from client socket

Sameer Mahajan sameer.s.mahajan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 13:03:52 CET 2013

How do I find out from a zero MQ socket client program that the remote
connection is down (e.g. the server is down). When I do a recv and the
server is down it blocks if I do not set any timeout. However in my case I
cannot put any reliable timeout value to get around it since otherwise the
recv times out even when the server is up but the response really takes
longer than the timeout value that I have set.

Any ideas?

thanks,
sameer