[zeromq-dev] zmq::signaler_t::make_fdpair hangs application on crash

KIU Shueng Chuan nixchuan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 13:52:08 CET 2013

I thought of the same thing before, port 5906 too. But I don't feel
comfortable taking up one more port without some consensus. Maybe if there
were more people reporting that their ZeroMQ applications (with heavy
socket creation!) were hanging on Windows...

For now, I have modified signaler.cpp to not assert within the "critical
section".
https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/commit/4a7f07a19ae226fe92c3c7320bd425f9a18d0c79