[zeromq-dev] Weird behavior with zmq_proxy performance

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sun Nov 10 19:53:00 CET 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Bruno D. Rodrigues
<bruno.rodrigues at litux.org> wrote:

> I’ve branched the code to add the proxy code for testing:
> https://github.com/davipt/libzmq/tree/fix-002-proxy_lat_thr

> The core question is the C proxy - why 10 times slower than the no-proxy
> version?

That is an interesting question, and should be easy to answer by
taking the proxy code and stripping it down. I've looked over the code
and there's nothing obviously wrong with it. I'd try the basic loop in
plain C, and see what that does (poll, recv/send, there is an example
in the Guide).